Thursday 19 November 2015

BornPrettyStore gradient sponges

                                                                   - sponges sent to me by BornPrettyStore-

Hello!

I have another BornPrettyStore product to share with you: gradient sponges.

I like gradients, and do them a lot, and the most annoying thing is when the sponge you use to tab the polishes on to your nails crumbs or starts to fall apart because it's too wet and then you're stuck with a piece of the sponge on your nail. I usually use make up sponges from my local beauty store, and they are ok, but I do have to be careful with them because they are very soft, and I go trough them fast because I use one side of the sponge for one hand, so basically, I use a sponge for one manicure.
This is the reason I was very curious about these sponges. They seemed harder when I unpacked them, and I was excited to see how they would act with polish. There are 3 of them in a package and they come in a block, and you just have to cut one triangle to use.


I was a little worried that they would crumble on the spot where I detached one from the others, but it turns out, I was fussing over nothing. Not only did they not crumble AT ALL, I used one side for both my hands. As I sad, they are a bit harder, or more dense, and they soak up the polish good, so the surface does not go all mushy and it doesn't start to fall apart. I was so delighted that I took pictures after I did a gradient on my left hand, and then after the right was finished:


See, no chipped parts, the sponges are as they were before polish. U just cut of this side and saved my sponge to use on another gradient. :) As you can see, I did a nude and purple gradient. The nude is Essence Crew First and the purple is China Glaze Looking Bootiful, and chose those polishes for a reason: Essence is a creme, and China Glaze is a Jelly, and usualy, those kind of polishes tend to moist the sponges the most and you need several layers for the gradient to look good, so I wanted to give these sponges a good test. The worst thing in a gradient when a piece of the sponge stays on the nail! As you will see in a second, they did very good:


I used BPL007 plate for this stamping, and I recommend this plate too, it's big, and it has pretty damask images for stamping. :)

The sponges are only $0.99 and you can buy them here: http://www.bornprettystore.com/3pcs-gradient-nails-soft-sponges-color-fade-manicure-p-12037.html

Item number is 12307 and don't forget to use code RAPYX31 for 10% off your order when you buy them :)

Do you like gradients? How often do you do them? Tell me in the comments.

xoxo

Stefi

No comments:

Post a Comment